The TKE Delta Nu Active Members Scholarship is available to any active member of TKE Delta Nu in good standing that meets the criteria for the scholarship programs. The most recent award was given for the Fall 2021 – 2022 academic year.
The names of the winners would have their name placed on the GPA Shield prominently displayed in the House each semester.
The fund for the TKE Delta Nu Active Members Scholarship was established by Delta Nu in 1989 through the Northwest Foundation and is still the only scholarship fund from a Northwest fraternity.
Scholarship Award Program 2021-22 School Year Awarded by the TKE Alumni Association through The Northwest Foundation Inc.
Delta-Nu Chapter of Tau Kappa Epsilon offers scholarship awards through tax deductible contributions received from TKE alumni and friends of the Delta-Nu Chapter of TKE to The Northwest Foundation Inc.
The TKE Delta-Nu Actives Scholarship Committee has decided to broaden the scope of the scholarship fund to reward more than one or two members of the fraternity. The committee aims to better serve the scholarship fund donors and to support the fraternity’s purpose and mission of fostering academic success to all who qualify.
The goal of the committee is to achieve the following:
- Increase awareness to potential new members, actives and alumni of the TKE scholarship fund held with The Northwest Foundation Inc.
- Develop an ongoing financial support system to get regular funding from TKE alumni to support the TKE Delta-Nu Actives Scholarship Fund, working toward a fully endowed scholarship fund.
- Reward multiple active Delta-Nu Tekes for excelling academically.
- Reward recipients for commitment to the chapter by: living the values of the fraternity, living in the TKE House, setting an example for good scholarship habits at the house and taking a regular active role in the chapter and campus leadership positions, chapter activities and programs.
Scholarship Types and Criteria:
Current Active Chapter Member Scholarship
- For initiated members of the chapter who a) are full time students (12 hours or more per semester), b) are in good standing with the chapter, c) have a signed contract to live in the TKE house, and d) maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Provide a scholarship of an amount to be determined each year by the scholarship chair (in consultation with the chapter advisor). The amounts may be greater for members whose cumulative GPA’s are significantly above the threshold of 3.0 (e.g., 3.50 or above). For the Fall 2020/Spring 2021 school year, these amounts are to be $600 for those with GPA’s of 3.00 to 3.49 and $750 for those with GPA’s or 3.50 or above.
- For members who meet all of the criteria for consecutive years, provide additional scholarship amounts that will be determined each year by the scholarship chair and the chapter advisor. For the Fall 2021/Spring 2022 school year, these amounts are to be $200 additional for someone who meets the criteria for the second year, and $300 for someone who meets the criteria for three or more years.
Funds are allocated at the beginning of the semester following the release of the GPA report. Note: Any member who meets the criteria for only the Fall semester is only eligible for one half of the stated amounts. For example, someone who graduates or leaves to student teach after the Fall semester would only be eligible for ½ the above amounts.
Fall Semester New Member Scholarship
- For members of the chapter who a) join in the Fall semester but are unable to live in house until the following school year because they have a contract to finish the school year in their current residence, and b) earn a cumulative GPA through the Fall semester of at least a 3.0 or better
- Provide a one-time scholarship of an amount to be determined each year by the scholarship chair (in consultation with the chapter advisor) for the Spring semester immediately following the Fall in which they joined the chapter. For the Spring 2021 semester, this amount is to be $300.
- Funds are allocated for the spring semester following the release of the GPA report.
The scholarship is awarded through contributions to the fund. Donations to this fund are tax deductible through the Northwest (Missouri State University) Foundation.
As more contributions to the fund come in, increased amounts can be given in scholarship funding. For more information, please contact Fund Manager Bill Adams at BAdams@1RTI.com
TKE Delta Nu Scholarship Fund – Tax Deductible
To donate to the TKE Delta Nu Active members Scholarship Fund, enter the amount you would like to donate, optional “In the Name of”, then click the Paypal button to donate.